There are many investments to place your IRA money into, not just stocks or mutual funds. When considering what to investing in for retirement, why not consider real estate or Trust Deeds? California real estate values have remained strong for many years. So, why not invest in either a property or loan on a property? With a self-directed IRA, you will have a retirement tool that can invest in alternative assets with minimal custodial red tape around it. Self-directed IRA becomes a viable avenue to increase the value of your portfolio without relying on some stock picker that you have never met or understand.
A self-directed IRA is a retirement solution that offers investment discretion and control to the plan owner. Depending upon your plan custodian, you can access most of the asset classes discussed above. Some of the popular self-directed retirement options include self-directed IRAs, Solo 401k plans, and 401k plans.
What options are you afforded with a self-directed IRA?
- Real estate: The IRS allows real estate investing within retirement accounts. The trick is that it is not mandatory for financial institutions to offer it as an asset class. However, with a self-directed IRA, you can invest in real estate starting with residential, commercial, and third-party real estate LLC investments
- Private equity: If you have experience in business, you can use your retirement accounts to purchase private equity. While it is an exciting proposition, make sure to test the basics of the company and take professional advice.
- Mortgage notes/tax liens: If you’re looking for passive growth/returns, mortgage notes, and tax liens are the perfect additions to your portfolio. You don’t have to fret about property maintenance and utility bills.
- Precious metals: Gold and most of the precious metals are cyclical. They allow investors to hedge their investments against inflation, stock market movements and any financial fiasco.
- Stock, bonds, mutual funds: Self-directed IRAs allow you to put your money in traditional investment options, including stocks, bonds, and mutual funds. With a self-directed IRA, you as the account owner can initiate transactions without going through custodians. This also minimizes transaction costs and fees. In order to retire with sufficient money, create a balanced portfolio and restructure it routinely.
At Cushner Capital, we can suggest several reputable companies which offer you the flexibility of moving your IRA into a hard money loan. Rather than throw a dart at a stock or hope that the real estate market improves, why not look at a 9%-12% Trust Deed collateralized by equity in a strong piece of California real estate. Please call us for more info at 760 845-9035.